Tuesday, December 1, 2009

End of NaNoWriMo, End of An Era...


Okay, so the era only lasted one month, but it felt like a long time! Actually, it felt incredibly short, but it DID feel epic, like any worthy era should.
And guess what?
I DID IT!!!!
Despite never having even attempted to write a novel before, having no idea what I was going to write about, and having virtually no ability to write a comprehensive outline for my fiction writing, I won!
I started late, was in a play, got the flu, dealt with life crises, but I did it.
I am so proud.
Now, the next questions are...is the novel any good? What now? And what's it about?
Interestingly enough, I find all of those questions pretty equally difficult to answer.
So, for now, I shall try to read back over my novel (my NOVEL!) and do some editing. Then I'll try to determine if it's worth anything.
Who knows? I may even take a wild, boyish fling at writing (short fiction again, that is, to post on this). Confused why I said "boyish"?
Watch Breakfast at Tiffany's.

1 comment: