Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fantastic Breakthrough!


I've been having problems with figuring out how to finish one of the short stories on which I've been working.  (Speaking of which, aren't dangling prepositions about to be okay due to their common usage in everyday language?  I'm waiting for that to happen, cause I know it will.)
I've been beating myself up because I figured I just don't know how to finish stories, looking to some of those writing books even for guidance, deciding I really don't know how to write. 
Today, I had an epiphany.  I knew what to do.  I knew there was a new character who had to come into the story, which promptly found an ending.  
Now, it's far from being finished and polished and perfect, but damn, it's done!
I am so happy!  I can't believe it finally came to me, and I don't even know how.  I wish I could figure out how to make it happen, but it's that Inspiration thing that just happens.  And no one has ever been able to explain it.  Amazing.
I just know now that I have to keep a story in my mind, turning it over, thinking about it, in order to be able to eventually find out how it is supposed to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment